Thursday, October 6, 2011

I ran today.

So, I went for my first run since before I was pregnant. It’s actually been about a year, now. The baby is 10 weeks old now and I had a bad day. A really bad day.
And so, after getting home from taking my 3 year old to swimming lessons, I just threw all my stuff down, pulled my new zigzag reeboks on, and went outside, with full intent to just go for a 2.5km walk.
Almost immediately after I was out the door I began to run. I ran the whole 2.5k without a break, without walking, and without overheating.
I ran the 2.5km in my jeans, a long maternity tshirt, and a yoga jacket, as it’s getting a bit chilly in Toronto this time of year.
I ran the entire 2.5km with blaring music, pounding heart, and sweat bathing my face.
And I feel fantastic.
The day doesn’t seem quite as bad anymore and even though I’ll likely regret it when I wake up tomorrow, it helped now and I think I want to do it again tomorrow.
Next week, after Thanksgiving and after my mother in law goes home, it’s to the gym to try to get back into shape and I think I’ll begin my very slow and gradual recovery training towards a 2012 half marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment