Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Fitness, ramped up

Again, it's been a long time since I've posted.

I've been hitting the gym two to three times a week when the kids aren't sick or when I'm not too busy. Usually twice a week, at least. On top of that, I'm running again.

I signed up for the Mississauga 10k on May 5th and am hoping to make it to the proper distance in time.  It's five weeks until the race and I have to add 6km to my distance.   It shouldn't be too hard, considering all the awesome cross-training I've been doing.

I had a followup consultation with my PT, Aaron.  We did a couple of tests.

First was a test on the spin bike.  You keep your speed at or above 70RPM and every 30 seconds you increase a level of difficulty.  I made it past average and up to 15.

Second was the squat test. How many squats until you just can't do it anymore?  I did 40 squats.

Third was the pushup test. I hate pushups. BUT, I managed 20 in a row without a break in reps. Oh, and modified pushups. One day, I'll do normal pushups.

Anyway, it's going well.

Weight progress is good, too.

Weight - 163.4 lbs
BMR - 6073 kj
        1452 kcal
        589 (omega symbol)
Body fat% - 29.4%
Fat mass - 47.8 lbs
Lean mass -114.6 lbs
Water 52%

I'll keep it posted and updated in a widget. Let's see how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment